Thursday, June 30, 2011

Which Peter Frampton songs are his faves?

By Marco R. della Cava, USA TODAY

Every fan of Peter Frampton's epic 1976 album Frampton Comes Alive! has a favorite song, whether it's talk-box-filled tune Do You Feel Like We Do or sunny singalong Show Me the Way.

  • "I want to thank you": Peter Frampton is on a 35th anniversary 'Comes Alive!' tour through November.

    By H. Darr Beiser, USA TODAY

    "I want to thank you": Peter Frampton is on a 35th anniversary 'Comes Alive!' tour through November.

By H. Darr Beiser, USA TODAY

"I want to thank you": Peter Frampton is on a 35th anniversary 'Comes Alive!' tour through November.

So which songs does the man himself prefer?

"It's got to be Lines on My Face, Doobie Wah and I Wanna Go to the Sun," says Frampton, who is on tour performing the album in its entirety in the USA and in Europe through Nov. 23.

"Lines is just the favorite song I ever wrote," says Frampton. "And Doobie Wah I am playing for the first time in 35 years, and it is just so much fun."

But it's Sun that amounts to a musician's dream of stardom.

"I wrote it when I was 22 or 23," he says. "I was saying, 'I want to make it.'"

Once Comes Alive! came out, Frampton went from "two fans waiting backstage to people throwing themselves at the car like flies." But his greatest point of pride isn't the album that captured a nation's heart during the Bicentennial year.

"What means the most to me is the critical acclaim I got as a guitar player on Fingerprints," he says. "It was my first huge success that had nothing to do with Frampton Comes Alive!"

For more information about reprints & permissions, visit our FAQ's. To report corrections and clarifications, contact Standards Editor Brent Jones. For publication consideration in the newspaper, send comments to letters@usatoday.com. Include name, phone number, city and state for verification. To view our corrections, go to corrections.usatoday.com.
We've updated the Conversation Guidelines. Changes include a brief review of the moderation process and an explanation on how to use the "Report Abuse" button. Read more.

Source: http://rssfeeds.usatoday.com/~r/usatoday-LifeTopStories/~3/tM-yXLq7p9s/2011-06-29-peter-frampton-favorite-songs_n.htm

Kristanna Loken Jolene Blalock Estella Warren Joanna Krupa Christina Milian

No comments:

Post a Comment