Monday, March 28, 2011

Katy Perry could be a preacher

28 March 2011

Rate this article

A book proposal written by Katy Perry's mother Mary Hudson reportedly details the pastor's concerns over her daughter's showbiz lifestyle and desire for the singer to become a worship leader.

Katy Perry's mother believes she could be a preacher.

The 'Teenage Dream' singer's parents Mary and Keith Hudson - who are both Christian pastors - have conflicting feelings about her pop career but her mum can see her skill her gift for entertaining a crowd being used for a spiritual purpose.

Expressing her desire to see Katy become "a Kathryn Kuhlman type of healer" - an evangelist and faith healer who began preaching aged 16 - Mary wrote in a proposal for a new book about her daughter's impact on her ministry: "I recognised the psalmist gift in her performance. Yet she sang out, 'I kissed a girl, and I liked it,' while thousands joined her. One part of my heart soared . the other part broke for the thousands of hungry souls being fed something that didn't nourish their spirit, but fed their flesh."

Oh, dear God, how can I save her from all this? The money, the fame, the network, the people surrounding her, how can I compete?

According to the New York Post newspaper, the proposal also details how Mary feels uncomfortable with her daughter's flesh flashing stage outfits, but refuses to voice her disapproval.

Recalling an incident backstage at one of the 26-year-old star's concerts, Mary wrote: "Katy stepped out from behind the changing doors in a tiny risque costume. No mother wants to see the top of her daughter's boobs . My first instinct was to order her back behind those doors and demand she put something else on . However, I had no problem letting my eyebrows say what I wouldn't allow my mouth to utter."

While Mary insists she is happy with the successes her daughter - who is married to British comic Russell Brand - has achieved, she admits she worries about "saving" her from the music industry.

She added: "Oh, dear God, how can I save her from all this? The money, the fame, the network, the people surrounding her, how can I compete?"

Buy Katy Perry Music
  • Now 35: That's What I Call Music

    �33.99

  • Club Anthems 2010

    �16.99

  • California Gurls

    �4.99

  • Now That's What I Call Music Vol.75

    �17.99

Jennifer Scholle Rihanna Keira Knightley Shania Twain Georgianna Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment