Sunday, July 3, 2011

Duchess Kate?s Canadian style tour continues: cute or boring?

wenn3422383

Above is a photo from the protests outside of an event in Montreal, where Duchess Kate and Prince William were doing some kind of royal visit to a hospital. It?s just a reminder, for those of you who think I?m too harsh on Kate - I?m really not that harsh. I do like the girl, but I just think she?s ripe for some gentle teasing. I would never stand outside of one of her events with a sign that said ?PARASITE? though.

Anyway, on to the fashion! For Canada day, Kate wore Reiss, a British designer, and an outfit she had recycled and repurposed. Kate wore this dress, ?The Nannette? last year for her engagement portraits by Mario Testino. In those photos, I didn?t really notice the odd boob-ruffle, though. It?s cute, but I kind of wish the whole ensemble wasn?t so matchy-matchy with the red accents. Red maple leaf hat (by Sylvia Fletcher at Lock & Co.), red pumps, red Anya Hindmarch clutch. It?s nice seeing Kate more away from her usual blues and whites, though. Red looks nice on her. Also: her maple leaf brooch is the Queen?s.

fp_7543389_middleton_canada_aar_05_34

wenn5683582

Next up: Kate in a grey dress (with some kind of bluish-green undertone) by Catherine Walker, a favorite of Princess Diana. The dress is called ?The Kensington? - Princess Diana lived at Kensington Palace. This is Kate trying to look solemn, because she and William were visiting the Canadian War Museum. Kate and William also got to plant a tree (an Eastern Hemlock??) symbolizing their love, and I don?t mind telling you, Waity did NOT know what to do with a shovel. She?s all ?Er? what??

wenn3421953

wenn5684355

wenn5684303

wenn3422352

There were other costume changes and events, but unfortunately, we don?t have those photos. If you go here, you can see William in a chef?s jacket, though. I have to admit something - I?m surprised that the royal tour so far hasn?t gotten more attention. I guess it?s because there have been no flubs, major or minor, but I also think it?s because neither William nor Kate are really that dynamic? Go on and hate me. While I think Kate is performing her royal duties with grace, the camera often catches her looking like she doesn?t really know what she?s doing. She?s not a ?natural? at this, but she?s studying, and she?s trying, and good for her. I?m not bashing her for putting in the effort - although I will bash her for not paying attention to whatever task is at hand, and instead looking around for the photographers so she can turn her face to them. There are way too many shots of her looking in the complete different direction than everyone else - it?s not a coincidence. As for William, he?s been in the royal bubble so long, I get the feeling that he?s simply incapable of being spontaneous. It makes for a dedicated public servant, but not a terribly watchable one.

fp_7544482_middleton_canada_aar_16_34

wenn5683599

wenn5683649

wenn5683596

Photos courtesy of Fame & WENN.

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Source: http://www.celebitchy.com/166304/duchess_kates_canadian_style_tour_continues_cute_or_boring/

Haylie Duff Denise Richards Selita Ebanks Amber Heard Blu Cantrell

No comments:

Post a Comment